About this opportunity
We are building a R&D team in Rome to develop software solutions in the frame of modern virtualized network infrastructures. The goal is to implement compelling technologies for the mobile telecommunication systems of the next generation 5G/6G by actively driving new Concepts, Standardization, SW- and HW Research, Architecture and Testbeds. Technical focus includes 5G evolution, Non-Terrestrial Networks (NTN), IoT, Web technology and Internet protocols.
Do you want to face the challenges in leading, managing and defining R&D development strategies for networking-based software solutions? Do you want to contribute into an innovate ICT sector within an international environment, and look at how to bring resilient 5G connectivity and advanced 5G services everywhere, also exploiting satellite systems? Then, we have the job for you!
We are looking for new colleagues to increase our innovation though coordination activities and product definition and development in collaboration with international partners in the frame of the ICT.
We offer you to join our high-profile telco and software excellence team, pursuing a challenging and innovative technology agenda in ICT, to participate to research studies and product development activities in new and strategic areas of mobile communication. The contract will be full time for one year (renewable for one more year and even for undefined limit) compliant with metalmeccanico collective contract, B1 level.
You will collaborate in cutting-edge research projects, in mixed research-industry teams with the opportunity to work with top researchers and market leading external partners on the latest technologies, to conceive and develop new products for the 5G/6G market.
Are you a Project or Software manager, with experience in Engineering management and background in R&D Project execution, in the frame of Computer Science and ICT?
In this role, you will
- Define system specifications, system requirements, development strategies, validation and verification plans, market strategies, resource planning, overviewing technical activities associated to R&D projects and product management
- Coordinate the communication with partners and clients, telco, solution providers, institutional bodies
- Collaborate with international partners, perform document quality assurance, follow technical meetings and tracking projects status identifying criticalities and corrective actions
- Identify technology strategies and topics that require industry alignment with customers and industry partners, identifying key technology enablers and funding opportunities
To be successful in the role, you need to
- Have an University degree: MSc/equivalent (also Bachelor will be considered) in Engineering Management or ICT and software management
- Have knowledge on software management, system engineer, ICT and SW products lifecycles
- Show Excellent networking, collaboration, communication, influencing and innovation skills with high energy and motivation
- Be confident with the use of project management and business planning software applications (i.e., Doors, SAP, Project, etc.)
- Be Fluent in English language in writing, reading and conversation.
In addition, you preferably have
- Knowledge of 3GPP protocol stacks and architectures (LTE, 5G), RAN components and virtualization
- Knowledge of software development and collaborative tools.
- Background on Linux environment and network protocols
To apply send an email to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org or compile the form below. In any case, please attach your personal CV (PDF, max 2MB).