About this opportunity
We are building a R&D team in Rome to develop software solutions in the frame of modern virtualized network infrastructures. The goal is to implement compelling technologies for the mobile telecommunication systems of the next generation 5G/6G by actively driving new Concepts, Standardization, SW- and HW Research, Architecture and Testbeds. Technical focus includes 5G evolution, Non-Terrestrial Networks (NTN), IoT, Web technology and Internet protocols.
Are you a passionate software and virtualized networks expert ready to contribute, while the Telecom and Software development worlds come together? Do you want to lead and to innovate in an international environment, and look at how to bring resilient 5G connectivity and advanced 5G services everywhere, also exploiting satellite systems? Then, we have the job for you!
We are looking for new colleagues to increase our innovation though research activities and product development in collaboration with international partners in the frame of the ICT.
We offer you to join our high-profile telco and software excellence team, pursuing a challenging and innovative technology agenda in ICT, conduct research studies, and build proof of concepts and solutions in new and strategic areas of mobile communication. The contract will be full time for one year (renewable for one more year and even for undefined limit) compliant with metalmeccanico collective contract, B1 level.
You will collaborate in cutting-edge research projects, in mixed research-industry teams with the opportunity to work with top researchers and market leading external partners on the latest technologies, to conceive and develop new products for the 5G/6G market.
Are you either a Software Developer, Software manager or a Computer Science or ICT Engineer with software skills and with expertise in networking, telecommunication systems, simulations, and NTN (satellites, HAPS)?
In this role, you will
- Develop 5G-based components and testbeds, supporting simulations, investigations, generate simulation reports
- Design VNFs and Network Functions to deploy in 5G networks for advanced services, configure the 5GC according to the study of 3GPP specifications
- Collaborate with NTN partners, telco, solution providers, institutional bodies
- Define technology strategies and topics that require industry alignment with customers and industrial partners,
To be successful in the role, you need to
- Have an University degree: MSc/equivalent in ICT (also Bachelor will be considered) and/or Computer Science, or higher (Ph.D).
- Have expertise on network protocol stacks
- Know the main virtualization platforms (OpenStack, Containers, KVM/QEMU, VMware, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Show Excellent networking, collaboration, communication, influencing and innovation skills with high energy and motivation.
- Show knowledge of Software development in at least one of the following programming languages: C, GoLang, Java, Python, C++
- Be Fluent in English language in writing, reading and conversation.
In addition, you preferably have
- Knowledge of 3GPP protocol stacks and architectures (LTE, 5G)
- Knowledge of Linux OS configuration and network setup.
- Experience in development of network tools, software clients and server
- Development in Linux environment, with background on Radio Access Networks (RAN) and Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Show competences on network simulations/modeling
To apply send an email to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org or compile the form below. In any case, please attach your personal CV (PDF, max 2MB).