Objectives of the service
The main goal of FULLVIEW-SAT is to increase the current Minor League customer base and to open a new market for the Premier League, proving a new mode to display the football match through an immersive 360 reality experience.
Users and their needs
The service is targeting Minor (Serie C and B) and Premier (Serie A) Italian football League broadcasters needs. The main needs identified so far are:
• Increase the number of users following the Minor Leagues and provide an immersive reality video service for Premier League
• Guarantee high quality levels and offer add-on immersive content
• The live transmission shall be available through Web platform, through dedicated immersive App
• The dedicated App shall be available for free on the most known App market places for handheld devices, gaming platforms and smart TVs
• The App shall allow the use of virtual rooms to share the live experience with other users
Service/ system concept
The system overall architectures for Premier and Minor Leagues is shown in the figures below.
Space Added Value
The use of satellite is key in the Minor League context because it is the only transmission means available in most of the stadium (no fibre installation is currently available in the stadiums).
For Premier League, even if the stadiums are equipped with optical fibre, the satellite is still the best choice offering flexibility and guaranteed bandwidth performance.
Baseline Design Review was held in April 2018.
The project ended successfully.
Official link: https://business.esa.int/projects/fullview-sat